At The Security Company we deliver strategic consultancy and communications programmes that improve how employees think and behave in terms of their personal, information, cyber and physical security.
We work with companies and organisations of all sizes and across many industries to help them increase their resilience and reduce their exposure to information security risk.
Culture Change Consultant
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Behavioural Change as part of the Consultancy team, you will be responsible for creating and delivering long-term strategies that embed resilience into the organisational culture of TSC’s clients.
Working closely with client sponsors and their internal stakeholders, you will provide the insight, analysis and creativity needed to deliver culture change projects that demonstrably improve security and resilience. The role is challenging, and the work varied.
A significant portion of your time will be spent gathering and transforming research data into value-added intelligence and writing reports that become templates for change. You will then play a pivotal part in facilitating that change.
Client engagement and relationship-building is key to this role, so regular visits to client sites should be expected. This means there is an opportunity for travel, mainly in the UK but sometimes further afield.
Head of Strategy and Behavioural Change
Play a lead role in targeted interventions that help embed and sustain resilience in client organisational cultures.
- Deliver presentations to client sponsors and stakeholders
- Develop and facilitate engagement workshops for senior stakeholders
- Develop and facilitate instructor-led role-based training when required
- Develop and facilitate the founding and sustaining of change advocate networks
Carry out qualitative and quantitative research to map out and plan for improvements to client security maturity.
- Create, manage and run statistical analysis of sophisticated online surveys
- Facilitate in-person focus groups and one-to-one interviews
- Hold scoping workshops with senior stakeholders
- Produce insightful, in-depth management information reports
- Create strategic behavioural change programmes based on your research
- Build effective client relationships, managing their expectations and communicating effectively and professionally throughout every programme
- Attend client engagement meetings and networking events as required, including SASIG (Security Awareness Special Interest Group) meetings
- Work closely with Project Management, Communications and Delivery teams in fulfilling client requirements
- Assist, on occasion, the Communications team in the creation of communications collateral
- Assist, on occasion, the Sales team in the writing of proposals and representing Consultancy at prospect meetings
- Assist the Head of Strategy and Behavioural Change in the development of the Consultancy team’s offerings
- Take responsibility for your own personal and career development
- Represent TSC professionally, in accordance with the company values, at all times with clients, suppliers and colleagues
- Adhere to organisational and legal regulations/processes
Desirable knowledge requirements:
- Knowledge of information security best practice behaviours
- Knowledge of statistical theory and practice
- Knowledge of change management theory
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to effectively challenge across all levels
- Ability to build and leverage networks at both personal (face-to-face) and digital (social media) levels
- Ability to write persuasive and challenging pieces on a range of online social media
- Experience of commercially available survey tools (for online survey design, data gathering & statistical processing)
- Experience of working within change departments to implement effective change initiatives, preferably in large organisations
Desirable behaviours and approach:
- Self-management and planning of your work schedule with a high level of accountability
- Excellent attention to detail and quality assurance
- Proactive, able to think several steps ahead in the strategic process and to anticipate the needs of clients
Essential knowledge requirements:
- Knowledge of change management practice
- Ability to process large amounts of information, effectively collating and analysing, providing recommendations that are commercially well-founded
- Ability to produce insightful, in-depth management information reports that can communicate clearly and concisely to senior managers and implementors alike
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any one time delivering on deadlines
- Confidence in presenting face-to-face with senior stakeholders
- Strong communications and people skills, with the ability to collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted client adviser to internal and external stakeholders
- Microsoft PowerPoint (creation, editing and using for presentations and training)
- Microsoft Excel (creating formulas, data filters, charts and pivot tables for data analysis)
Essential behaviours and approach:
- A sense of personal ambition with the desire to keep on learning
- Being commercially aware and client focused
- Confident in working independently on your own initiative
- Positive attitude to working effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
If this sounds like you, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘[Full Name] /Culture Change Consultant and attach your CV and a short covering letter.
You will have 25 days (plus bank holidays) to relax, unwind, spend time with loved ones or experience new things.
All employees who meet the criteria set by the government will be automatically enrolled into a workplace pension after three months.
Flexible working day
We operate a flexible working day, offering all team members a 2-hour window of when they wish to start work in the morning between8am and 10am. The core hours are 10am until 4pm when all team members are present in the office.
Working from home
Flexibility is offered to all to currently work 1 day a week at home. Monday and Friday are exempt to allow for internal meetings. Team members simply book their working from home day via our online booking system, the week before.
Employee assistance programme (Bright HR)
Employee wellbeing is a priority for us, therefore we offer an Employee Assistance Programme via our HR provider. This programme provides a wellbeing and counselling confidential advice line, up to five session of face-to-face counselling for employees and immediate family members over the age of 16. There is also additional support including wellbeing webinars and mini health checks.
If you have children, then we can help you to save money on your child care costs. Childcare voucher schemes are a government-led initiative designed to help support working parents. They are an alternative method of payment that you can sacrifice some of your salary towards. You will save money as you do not pay Income tax or National Insurance on the sacrificed part of your salary.
Cycle to Work scheme
We are fully signed up to the Cycle to Work Scheme, meaning you can get a tax-free bike, saving anything from 32% to 42% of the cost. This works as a salary sacrifice scheme, where you can repay the cost of your bike over a number of payments in a cost-efficient way, saving money on your Tax and National Insurance payments.
Health and fitness
If you’re a keen fitness fanatic or just want to get into shape, you are welcome to join our pre-work summer tennis sessions or post-work running club. For more leisured exercise, the village and surrounding countryside have ample opportunity for lunch-time walks.
Kitchen, drinks and treats
We have a fully equipped kitchen to use for preparing lunches, with free drinks available to all staff – these include teas, coffees (including decaffeinated), hot chocolate and squashes. We also have our very own table of deliciousness which is often filled with cakes, treats and delights from around the globe.
We like to reward our employees at Christmas time, so on the day of our party we close the office early at 12pm and everyone is invited to a big TSC-family Christmas feast on the company.
When it gets to that time of year when the evenings are getting darker and the cold and flu bugs are abroad, TSC arranges for all staff to have a flu vaccination.